Vacancy Accounting Manager – De Lier
At Apeel Sciences, they look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Accounting and Finance team strives to be an enabler of business at Apeel by ensuring that the company’s financial position is accurately reported and that they have a solid financial plan, adequate capital, and a financial strategy focused on driving long-term stakeholder value. The Accounting Manager is responsible for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements for Apeel Sciences Netherlands, a wholly owned subsidiary of a growing international company.
In this role you will be the first Accounting Manager that will set up shop. You will be responsible for all recurring accounting duties, including A/P, A/R, accurate reporting of all financial transactions, monthly close processes and general ledger. You will reconcile and analyse balance sheet accounts, review and analyse income statements for appropriate GL, department and project coding, prepare month end journal entries, assist with inter-company transactions and reconciliations and prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with local statutory accounting rules and in accordance with US GAAP.
With your extensive knowledge you will also participate in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures, make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures and play an active role in system enhancements and upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related field. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 5-10 years of general ledger accounting experience preferred
- Fluency in both English and Dutch required, Spanish is a plus
- Experience with accounting by department and job
- Supervisory experience
- Inter-company accounting a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and statutory accounting
- A salary, depending on experience, between 70.000,- and 100.000,- euros annually
- 25 holidays
- A good secondary package with for example an allowance for daycare
- The chance to build your own team and set up shop
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Kelly van der Laan
Principal Associate | Food (Science)