Vacancy Business Developer – Groningen
17 NOV ’21: EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms and is currently looking for a Business Developer. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches they have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Their microbial cell factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Their Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
17 NOV ’21: To strengthen the current team in the Netherlands and to continue their year-over-year growth, they are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Developer to service the ongoing request of different clients across the globe.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be the essential driver to successfully scale the business towards becoming the go-to partner of choice. You will partner with leading Chemical providers, to service them in novel products to make bio based chemical production accessible in a wide variety of situations. Qualifying leads and converting opportunities to award should be second nature, as well as monitoring and overseeing all ongoing projects within your portfolio to ensure clients are satisfied.
You will have the opportunity to build our sales from the ground up from a solid foundation towards servicing these clients further in the US / Europe and beyond. During this interaction, you will have the opportunity to engage with these clients in a very novel field of applications.
For this essential role we are looking for someone who meets the following requirements:
- + 5 years’ experience selling services towards Chemical, Bioprocess or industrial biotechnology related customers
- Master’s degree in a life science-related discipline
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to influence senior executives in the sector at board level
- Passionate about creating a greener economy for all
- You will play a significant role in setting up the EV Biotech commercial activities, which will play a role in changing the landscape of how bio-based products are made.
An exciting, professional work environment;
- Growth opportunities and support in personal development;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
+31(0)6 40 84 09 29