Vacancy Field Services Supervisor – De Lier
Apeel Sciences is looking to nature to derive sustainable solutions to their global food challenges like food waste and is currently looking for a Field Services Supervisor for their Dutch based packinghouse. Apeel Sciences is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, USA. Through pioneering plant-derived technologies Apeel Sciences is helping fresh food providers improve food quality, reduce waste and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Focus of Apeel Sciences is to being an environmental trailblazer at the intersection of the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering disciplines because of this they are looking for a brilliant, passionate problem-solver to join their engineering team.
In the role as Field Services Supervisor, you will become a critical part of the Apeel organisation, becoming the manager of critical production processing equipment, operations and personnel. The team will consist of 15+ Technical Field Specialists at one or more costumer’s packing house facilities where they apply the Apeel product to fresh produce. The Field Services Supervisor is accountable for providing leadership, guidance and addressing current and future potential barriers to ensure success. You will ensure operations are fast and efficient, while creating an environment that puts people, safety and quality first.
The ideal candidate has:
- A BS degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering or 5+ years experience in a technical field as an individual contributor, preferably related to produce, food & beverage, or manufacturing
- 2–5 years of experience in a leadership role managing teams of 10+ employees
- Experience with LEAN, 5-Why’s, RCFA, Six Sigma
- The willingness to travel (regional/national/international as needed) is required (up to 60%)
- Detailed and process oriented abilities with the skills to troubleshoot equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work cross functionally with all departments
- The ability to multitask and set priorities according to changing requirements
- The ability to work indoors/outdoors in cold and/or hot environments and lift up to 50 lbs
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
What Apeel will offer you is:
- A salary of €65,000 plus
- A personal development plan
- 25 days of vacation
- Life/health insurance
- A great pension plan
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate | Food (Science)