Vacancy Food Scientist – Oss
For LikeMeat we are looking for a Food Scientist in Oss. LikeMeat produces meat alternatives for the consumer markets. LikeMeat products are now becoming available throughout Europe. They are already on sale in 15,000 supermarkets and 10 European countries. Soon everyone will be able to experience the taste, convenience and health of a plant-protein future.
The Mission: Make their food the obvious choice, every day of the week, by delivering awesome products with kick-ass branding. At LikeMeat they believe that it’s not really complicated to change what we eat without changing what we are used to. They believe that we should be able to eat well and live an enjoyable, healthy life with both old traditions and new habits. Not either/or. For this reason, they have created a way of doing without meat on the menu – but not having to do without. There’s no sacrifice, because their products have all the texture and flavours that make your mouth water, and there’s no guilt at the grill. They’re not a meat substitute, but an obvious choice. They don’t want to change ourselves – they just want to change our menu.
Like meat support sustainability by being good for the environment. LikeMeat continually evaluates how they work and look for ways how they can become even better and more sustainable.
The Vision: To create a future with a better way of eating for a greater way of life.
The Food Scientist will lead new product developments as well as product optimisation efforts for the North American market. The Food Scientist will be charged to lead product formulation and product operational readiness to ramp and launch new products on time, with a high level of quality and maximum customer availability. A successful Food Scientist is a creative and collaborative partner, is driven, organised, and detail oriented and is thoughtful and effective in problem solving and responding to the customers and consumer needs.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Leading new product development for the US & Canadian market
- Leading product optimization projects or adapting the formula of products in the LikeMeat portfolio to the US & Canadian market
- Lead benchtop and plant trials to assess the viability of new ingredients & products
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines, quality and regulatory standards from ideation to full scale production
- Formulate products according to product development briefs to meet consumer acceptance, nutritional and certification targets
- Actively participate in new product development, from discovery and initial feasibility assessment to product qualification, business evaluation and commercialisation
- Contribute new ideas within the R&D team that drive the innovation pipeline through scientific and technical insights
- Participating in consumer acceptance testing and applying learnings to product development efforts
- Supports the development of a strong network of suppliers and external partners
You’ll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of food science to meet consumer needs
- Exhibit skills in prioritisation, time management, and project planning.
- Ability to work on ingredients with little industry track record.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams located in various geographies
In order to take on these challenges, you’ll need to have:
- M.Sc. in Food Science, chemistry, biochemistry or other relevant science degrees
- >5 years of experience in the food industry in a product development role including experience leading plant trials and production start-up
- Experience in formulating and supporting the production of plant based meat analogs or formed/restructured meat products a must
- Ability to continually integrate new learnings with existing knowledge
Why you should apply:
- Unique opportunity to work with an early stage, well-funded company on the path to change the way we eat.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Jamie van den Ban
Partner | Food, Feed & Plant (Sciences)
+31(0)6-82 66 54 05
+31(0)23-75 486 60