Vacancy Operations Engineer – Valencia
Apeel Science, an organisation which is looking at nature to derive sustainable solutions for our global food challenges like food waste. Currently they are searching for an Operations Engineer in Valencia. Apeel Sciences is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, USA.Through pioneering plant-derived technologies, Apeel Sciences is helping fresh food providers improve food quality, reduce waste and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Focus of Apeel Sciences is to be an environmental trailblazer at the intersection of the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering disciplines because of this they are looking for a independent and passionate self-starter to join their quality team.
Apeel is seeking a highly motivated, process-oriented engineers to ensure our final products (Apeel-treated fruits and vegetables) are delivering maximum value and quality to their customers. Operations Engineers will become the “process engineering owner” of critical produce processing equipment, ensuring the effectiveness of the Apeel treatment and operational continuity at packing / distribution facilities around the world. Operations Engineers will frequently interface with our R&D, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Sales teams to facilitate the growth of Apeel’s commercial programs and produce supply base at packing / distribution facilities around the world. This is a bilingual, English / Spanish speaking opportunity based in Valencia, Spain.
Other activities you will do in this job are:
- Support specific sites in a geographic region by: proactively anticipating, monitoring, maintaining, and improving the health of processes/equipment and quickly responding as problems arise
- Collect and analyse data to verify product effectiveness, downtime, capacity and through-put at each assigned site, working with R&D, Engineering, Product, Operations, and Sales teams to meet current and future customer needs
- Maintain preventative maintenance programs including information gathering systems for predictive maintenance and KPI reporting systems for equipment reliability and performance (e.g., OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness))
- Identify, document, troubleshoot, and solve corrective maintenance issues related to produce quality and product application processes and equipment
- Regularly interface with customers, Apeel field staff and engineers to lead the continuous improvement of product application processes and equipment
The ideal profile:
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical, chemical or industrial engineering or similar degree
- Two to Five years of experience in a technical field with a preference for those related to field services, agriculture, food & beverage manufacturing, or capital project execution
- Design, implementation, and project management experience preferred
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with LEAN, 5-Why’s, RCFA, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience with electromechanical systems, PLCs, automation, and controls systems
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional project teams
- Up to 75% travel required and willingness to travel to South Africa
If you are a result-driven professional and want to make a difference in the world, this organisation is the perfect fit for you. Apeel offers you:
- Great pension plan
- Salary 70.000 plus
- personal development plan
- life insurance
- 25 days of vacation
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Associate Food Sciences