Vacancy Plant Controller – Oss
LiveKindly Collective is an organisation that acquires and owns companies that produce plant-based food. They are committed to transforming the global food system and the only company in the plant-based food sector to own and operate the entire value chain of production, and are now looking for a Plant Controller.
The company has established strategic partnerships with seed growers, producers, distributors, and has invested in infrastructure to transform traditional meat production facilities to plant-based powerhouses. The mission is to make plant-based living the new norm with the ambition to spearhead the worldwide food revolution proclaiming environmentally friendly meat alternatives.
Currently, they are looking for a Plant Controller who can bring the manufacturing controlling to the next level. Because this is a new role in the organisation, there are many ways to set up the best practice. The individual will be responsible for their SAP process as well as overseeing all the financial elements of the supply chain. Since this is a fairly new role the individual will help build the structure and implement new processes and best practices.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day financial operations of the production facility including payroll management, month-end close as it relates to the production facility
- Maintaining the standard costing system for product costings, with variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly factory income statement for management use
- Implementing and monitoring of financial controls in respect of expenses, material procurement and material utilisation
- Actively controlling and managing the costs of the production facility by maintaining weekly and monthly factory overhead accounts
- Generating and following up production and other variance reports
- Implementing and maintaining standardised reports for inventory, labour and waste variances, service and quality
- Quarterly review of stocks and provisions to determine their adequacy
- Maintaining forecasts, annual budgets and 3-year plans
You should have a proven track record of delivering impactful results, a sound manufacturing background with a good knowledge of costing/factory processes and a thorough SAP knowledge, with a good knowledge of systems, internal controls and processes. Moreover, you must be a strong team-player with a positive can-do attitude. It is of importance that you have a strong hands-on approach with an eye for improvements, and problem resolution. You need to be self-driven and problem solving, combined with a humble and results-focused approach. Strong communication skills as a large part of the role will comprise of relating financial issues to non-finance managers.
- M.Sc. or B.Sc in Supply Chain Management or business administration or similar
- Extensive experience of working within finance with controlling in a production or supply chain, preferably a scale up production
- Experienced and comfortable in dealing with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – in English (Dutch and German would be helpful but not essential)
- Thorough knowledge of SAP
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The organisation offers you:
- Unique opportunity to work with an early stage, well-funded company on the path to change the way we eat
- An inspiring work environment with a small team of knowledgeable and fun colleagues
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.