Vacancy Product Stewardship Executive – Brussels
14 NOV ’22: For Concawe, the science division of an international non-profit association (The European Petroleum Refiners Association aisbl) we are seeking a Product Stewardship Executive. Concawe’s mission is to provide research and technical support to the EU refining industry in the study of environmental, health, safety and toxicity issues relating to the refining of crude oil or renewable feedstock, and the distribution and use of petroleum or renewable products. Its goal is to improve the understanding of these issues by the industry, authorities, users and other interested parties.
In this role, you will be responsible for the Management Group regarding Product Stewardship, Classification and Labelling, Safety Data Sheet, and Poison Center for petroleum substances. You must also have specific technical experience, knowledge and expertise which you will use to lead science and research work for the Association. The main focus is compliance with the REACH legislation and the Classification and Labelling legislation, in the frame of the refining industry transition, with the inclusion of substances from renewable to ones from fossil origin and compliance with governance rules of the Association, ensuring that the Management Groups Special Task Forces are aware of these rules.
- Support the Vice- and Management Group Chair(s) in the execution of their responsibilities and representation of the Association’s technical activities;
- Monitor developments within the scientific and regulatory communities with respect to his/her area of expertise;
- Initiate tenders, facilitate selection of contractors, prepare contracts & monitor technical and progress for approved projects covered under the field of activity;
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy for the area of expertise and advise on improvements and adjustments;
- Coordinate the development of the 5-year strategic plan and annual work plan with the Management Group and the Concawe Director; implement annual work plan as per Board approval;
- Represent as a technical expert our industry with European and global bodies on technical issues;
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the EU and relevant institutions’ decision-making processes related to technical issues.
The ideal candidate has a science/engineering background and a proven track record in an oil refining or auto industry, research institute or similar. This is with a good understanding of chemical regulations (REACH, CLP etc.) and their impact, and also of the impact of fuel quality on vehicle/vessel performance and emissions, with knowledge in (specific) areas related to this subject. And:
- Knowledge of the properties of petro and bio-based products, their manufacture and distribution, influence on the emissions performance of on- and off-road vehicles and the regulatory;
- Sound understanding of the key GHG mitigation technologies and alternative fuel options;
- Familiarity with Well-to-Wheels principles and modelling techniques to assess the CO2 impact of different technologies and alternative fuels;
- Familiarity with the related pieces of legislation at EU level (e.g. EN 228 and EN 590, Euro 6/7, FQD, CO2 standards,RED II/III);
- An awareness of the environmental permit process and human health risk management measures in the oil refining industry.
Are you the professional who is able to represent Concawe and the refining industry at conferences, stakeholders’ meetings and participate in technical working groups organised by the EU Institutions and other relevant bodies for this role?
In that case Concawe can offer you the following:
- A competitive salary package;
- Work with an international and experienced team;
- The possibility to work for an international company with great opportunities;
- An exciting position in a dynamic environment.
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Senior Consultant | Food (Sciences)
+31 6 82634923
+31 23 754 86 60