Vacancy QA Manager – Amersfoort
Gebana is the largest fair-trade company in Switzerland and well established in the organic and fair-trade market and right now they are seeking a QA Manager to join their team. Gebana is changing the rules, going for more sustainability, more equality and great quality at affordable prices, all while maintaining a high focus on organic and fair-trade products. They do this by not only buying from farmers in developing countries and providing the shortest chain from farm to client. They also make sure the farmers get a fair price as well by turning the standard pricing model upside down. This way they are setting the farmers on top and paying them 10% of the sales price in their online shop in addition to the purchase price and the organic and fair-trade premiums.
In 2020 Gebana had purchased directly from over 13.000 different farmers while also training almost 9.000 farmers in Organic Farming and Sustainability. Furthermore, almost 70% of their products were never repackaged, over 40% of the products came directly from the producer without intermediate storage and over 90% of their products are certified organic.
As the QA Manager at Gebana BV in Amersfoort, you can expect key accountabilities, such as ensuring that all external and internal requirements are met before the products reach customers. You will be responsible for inspecting the goods, making sure all procedures are followed and identifying risks. Moreover, you will create, update, redesign and maintain the Quality Management System of Gebana BV to meet the BRC Agents and Broker requirements, resulting in continuation of the BRC certification.
Furthermore, you could expect to:
- Manage day to day QA activities
- Maintain the BRC certification
- Inbound control and release of goods
- Handle customer requests and complaints
- Coordinate Quality Control
- Supervise the QA Officer and the Quality Team
- Supplier Audits
- Assure reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
The Ideal candidate matches the following criteria:
- BSc degree QA, preferably related to food or nutrition
- 4 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Strong autonomously decision-making skills
- Affection with organic/eco-friendly way of living
- Able to keep up with a fast growing organisation
- Good organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Other languages are a pre.
Are you the Quality Assurance Manager who is able to carry out this job? Then Gebana has the following to offer you:
- Work in a challenging fair-trade work environment within an ambitious and international organisation that values sustainability
- Work in a team of enthusiastic and motivated colleagues
- Good competitive salary depending on experience
- Profit share three-way bonus
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
Associate Consultant | Food, Feed and Plant Science