Vacancy Research Technician – Ghent
5 JAN ’22: To strengthen Biotalys’ valuable team of dedicated employees and to bring novel biocontrol products on the market, Biotalys is looking for a highly motivated Research Technician.
The demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
Biotalys has the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. They are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company, developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on their ground-breaking technology platform, they have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate.
Biotalys products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.Biotalys is looking for a motivated and proactive person to join the Lead Characterisation Team as a (Senior) Researcher. Within this position, you will be involved in the characterisation and selection of AGROBODY™ bioactive candidates against key crop pests and disease pathogens.
- Develop and perform different in vitro functional bioassays with pathogenic fungi to screen and select lead candidate molecules
- Collaborate with members of the Team to execute diverse scientific experiments for different projects
- Contribute actively into the development of the team and company projects by proposing new ideas and taking initiative
- Present results and findings to colleagues and team members in diverse team meetings
- Analyse, interpret, report the experimental results and propose follow-up steps
- Elaborate laboratory operational procedures
- Troubleshoot lab methods and instruments when needed
The ideal candidate looks the following:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in life sciences, biology, biotechnology or related discipline
- At least two years of work experience in the field of fungal biology and/or microbiology is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on working experience with plant pathogenic fungi or bacteria and performance of bioassays
- Knowledge in microscopy is an asset
- Ability to generate new ideas, design experiments, develop assays and optimise protocols
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and communicate well with the team
- Creative thinking, eager to investigate and learn
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Ability to manage priorities based on team deliverables
- A team-oriented and pro-active attitude, flexibility and enthusiasm
- Openness to giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and orally
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), experience with R is an asset
The organisation can provide you with the following:
- Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees
- We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company
- You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to develop further and grow your personal skills
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly.
+31 6 12558382
+31 23 754 86 60