Vacancy Technical Field Specialist – Tarragona
Apeel Sciences, headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, USA, is looking for a Technical Field Specialist Tarragona. The organisation is looking to nature to derive sustainable solutions to our global food challenges like food waste. Through pioneering plant-derived technologies Apeel Sciences is helping fresh food providers improve food quality, reduce waste and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Focus of Apeel Sciences is to being an environmental trailblazer at the intersection of the agricultural, materials science, chemistry, biotechnology, and engineering disciplines and because of this they are looking for a brilliant, passionate problem-solver to join their engineering team.
In this role as Technical Field Specialist, you will be responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of Apeel equipment and the day-to-day product application at the customer’s facility. This includes, but is not limited to, prescribing optimised formulations to use with incoming produce, thereby operating and maintaining the application equipment (e.g., mixing tanks, sprayers, conveyors), monitoring product performance on treated produce and troubleshooting. Furthermore, you will identify and implement modifications or upgrades to equipment to benefit Apeel and Apeel’s customers. Integral in these activities is to develop and maintain strong, cross-cultural relationships with customer staff and to maintain open and frequent communications with the customers’ and Apeel’s Sales Representatives to understand and communicate customer needs or issues. This position works closely with the engineering division and reporting into the operations division.
The ideal candidate profile looks like:
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering or engineering technology, agriculture, or similar technical degree preferred, although candidates with relevant experience without a degree will be strongly considered
- More than two years of experience working in a technical field would be favourable, with a preference for those related to field services, agriculture, food & beverage manufacturing or capital project execution
- Strong ability to thrive in an independent work environment and autonomously drive projects
- Extremely detail and process-oriented
- Strong ability to analyse processes, equipment, operations, and data to detect issues and develop recommendations
- Experience with post-harvest applications preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish is required and competent in English
- Ability to lift and move boxes of produce (up to 22,5 kg) work indoor and outdoor work in cold or hot environments
- Willingness to travel (regionally, nationally, or internationally) may occasionally be required
Apeel Sciences can offer you:
- Rich secondary employment conditions such as a personal education budget and contribution for a gym membership
- A great pension plan
- A salary up to €60,000 depending on experience
If you are interested in this job, or in similar ones, please feel free to contact me directly. If you apply for the job; please upload an English CV, otherwise your profile will not be included in the application process.